Friday, December 2, 2011

Creating

I'm really fortunate that in my job I get to express my creativity in many ways. Most recently, I got the honor of reworking the logo our our 90 year old heritage radio station.

How does one design something that involves a ton of emotion and a bit of soul, without becoming so emotionally attached that you can't let go of certain areas and allow the design to just be? I think it's doubly difficult when there are many parties that weigh in on the design process and all have a very different view on how things should be done.

To be creative, I believe that you have to be emotional in some sort of way. I find it hard to be emotionally detached from a project and still be able to do a great job. Fortunately, the end result was something I could live with. Not necessarily something I was totally stoked about, but I'm not embarrassed to have my name attached to it...guess that says something right?

No comments:

Post a Comment